Ankr (ANKR) is an Ethereum token that powers Ankr, a Web3 infrastructure and cross-chain staking DeFi platform that aims to increase efficiency in blockchain ecosystems by building dApps, hosting nodes or staking. The ANKR token can be used to pay for services on the Ankr platform, such as node deployment and API services, participate in on-chain governance and also acts as an insurance for network participants. Ankr uses idle computing resources in data centers to help developers and enterprise clients to quickly deploy blockchain nodes at a lower cost than public cloud providers. Coinbase began supporting ANKR for trades on March 23, 2021.
Capital named it along with Maker, Compound, Uniswap, Aave, and Chainlink as some of the DeFi "coins to watch" in 2021. As of 22 April 2021 Ankr had a market capitalization of $1.05billion, making it the 89th most valuable cryptocurrency by market capitalization. Ankr coins are limited to a total supply of 10 billion. Approximately seven billion Ankr coins are currently in circulation.
- Ankr Network (ANKR) Price Predictions: Where Will the ANKR Crypto Go Next? Chris MacDonald, InvestorPlace, April 30, 2021
- Ankr (ANKR) price prediction: is a 2,000% rally sustainable? Capital.com Research Team, 27 April 2021
- Don’t Let the Silly Jargon Around Ankr Color Your Investment Decision: ANKR-USD is the gamechanger you want, even if you don’t know it Josh Enomoto, InvestorPlace, May 12, 2021
- Coinbase Adds Support for Ethereum Tokens Ankr (ANKR), Curve DAO Token (CRV), Storj (STORJ) Omar Faridi, 17 March 2021
- Best DeFi coins 2021: three ‘Blue Crypt’ tokens to watch and trade Alexandra Pankratyeva, 23 April 2021